Friday, April 30, 2010

Fat Rolls or Goals

Good Morning Everyone......I guess the storms are going to be rolling our way in just a short time....Not really looking forward to any of it.  Wanted to spend my day at First Monday, but guess I'll have to pass. 

OK.....I want to talk about our HEALTH......
I had to go to the doctor this week to check on a little peanut size bump that has suddenly appeared on my abdomen.  I have been all worried about it, but turns out, it is a little cyst.
Thank the Lord for that!!

But, as I sat there in the doctor's office, I realized just had sad it is that the people in our country ignore important health issues.  I am very guilty of this myself. 

When I hear about the statistics regarding heart disease and diabetes, I get myself geared up to change my life style.  Eat right, exercise and drink plenty of water is what I determine that I am going to do.  Both of these diseases run in my family, so why wouldn't I make changes in my life that are necessary?  Instead, I wake up the next morning and have completely forgotten about the goals I made the day before.
I just go on about my life assuming that to be fat is the new healthy.  In other words, FAT is in!

We all know how important exercise is.  We all know how important it is to eat the right foods.  You know.., plenty of vegetables, fruits, and grains.  I know how important it is to drink 8 glasses of water a day.  The problem is:  I DON'T DO IT.

Back to the doctor's office visit......As I sat there waiting for them to call me back, I took a look around the office.  What I saw was many overweight (several obese) people.  I wondered how many were there because of high blood pressure.  How many were there because of elevated levels of sugar, cholesterol, or triglycerides.   These are all things that make us sick!  Make us have the health issues we have today. 

I am hoping to set new goals for myself.  I like all the foods that I know are healthy, I just do not like preparing them. 
That is a sign of being lazy.  I'm not particularly thrilled about exercise, but I figure the least I can do is walk a mile or two a day.  I do like living and for that reason I am going to work hard to become more healthy.  Surely I haven't waited until it is too late!  I certainly hope not because I still have a lot of things that I want to accomplish in life.

I am not a drinker (this leads to many health problems) and
I am not a smoker (this leads to all kinds of cancers), but I do consume way too much sugar.  I must kick the sugar habit.  I find myself more tired these days, simply because I don't get the rest I need at night.  Am I living a healthy life?
No......I am not.  It is possible that others there in the doctors office looked at me and had the same thoughts and questions that I had.  It is time (past time) for me to do something about it. 

Along with the healthy eating and exercising goals that I am setting for myself, I plan to be completely off my Blood Pressure Medicine in a short time.  I don't want  to wake up tired and I don't want my joints to ache anymore. I don't want to be fat... So.......America the next time you see me.......I'm going to Try to be HEALTHY and FIT!

Have a Blessed Healthy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...