Monday, April 26, 2010

Be a Risk Taker

Does anyone have a Talent?.....
We all have some kind of talent, but it might not be the exact talent that we want.  Sure, we would all love to have the talent to be a famous singer or an actor.  I wouldn't even mind having the talent to be a professional speaker. 

There are those that can play a musical instrument as if they were born with the instrument in their hands.  I think that most of us think that our talents should bring us instant gratification.

This is how our minds work....we wake up and dream of being an olympic swimmer.  We go to get in the pool and all of a sudden we need a noodle just to keep our heads above the water. Without trying again, we give up and decide that swimming is not our talent. 

We have to cultivate our desires and let them mature in order to find out if we are truly talented in any specific area. If we want to be successful we must put forth the effort to find out if we have the ability to accomplish what we have set out to do. 

It may take years for us to recognize where our talents lie.  I'm not even sure that I fully grasp any of my own talents right now.  I do know that I don't want to limit God on what he has chosen for me to be successful at.  I want to be willing to be used at whatever He calls me to do.  It could possibly be something that I have never dreamed of. 

So many of us allow fear to step in and we convince ourselves that we are not capable of doing anything.  Because of fear, we bury that talent in the ground.  To be a risk taker does not guarentee that you have a certain talent, but it does show God that you are willing to be used. 

I do want to stand before God one day and hear Him say, "Well done thy good and faithful servant!"  We have to be faithful with a few things in order for Him to put us in charge of bigger things.  A talent is a Blessing and we must not sit back and let the Blessing or the talent be wasted.

I believe that God holds us responsible for our lives and for what we do with them.  I want to always be in tune with the Holy Spirit in order to do what He has called me to do.  I want to be what He wants me to be. I want to use my talents that I may be a Blessing to others. 

Seek God for your talent today....

Blessings, and may this day be what you dreamed it would be!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...