Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Princess

Yesterday was Prom dress shopping day!    Geez, I have not done this in years and I might add how different it is now from back in 1995 when Shanda was a senior.  Everything is so different!  For instance the dresses.  Today they reveal a tad bit more than I remember way back then.  Did I say the cost?

I don't think I have mentioned Taylor.  She is my 17 year old neice that now lives with Sam and I.  Both of her parents are deceased, so Sam and I have opened our home to her.  Taylor is a very Sweet person and she is so appreciative of everything.  She has lived with us now for about 10 months and we are getting to experience life again with a teenager.  You know like the dating scene and shopping and school work and sometimes drama.  lol.

This is her first Prom and she is so very excited.  We started out yesterday morning around nine for a day of shopping.  We are limited on the shops in our area that sells prom dresses, but we did find a couple.  The first store had a lot of selections, but most of it had to be ordered.  They did not have her exact size to try on and with that she had no way of Knowing what it would look like on her.  The expected date of arrival if she ordered one was the second week in April.  Prom is the second week in  May and that would not allow her enough time to reorder if the dress did not fit. 

We grabbed a bite to eat and headed off to the next shop.  As we walked in I could see her Face.  It was as if she had walked into a fairytale land.   She tried on one dress and decided it was too short for the dress code that our school has.  Then I saw a huge Grin on her face.  She had spotted it!  The dress she had been dreaming of.
It is a beautiful dress and when she tried it on, we both knew that (IT) was the one.  It had her name written all over it and so we purchased the dress.  We still have a few other items to get to make her wardrobe complete for this special occasion. 

I am happy to say that the experience was very easy and I am so proud of her.  Can't wait to see Taylor and her date all dressed up for this special occasion.   She deserves this happiness and I know that she will look just like a Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...