Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 13, 1968

Yesterday, March 13th..what a GREAT day...

Sam and I have been together 42 years as of yesterday...We have not been married all this time, but we have been together...When we were in school it was called GOING STEADY...that meant you only dated one person and that person was your boyfriend/girlfriend.  Today they call it GOING OUT.   I get so tickled when I hear Tyler and Tucker say they are going out with a girl...I'm like where are ya'll going?  They don't think I'm old, they just think I'm crazy!

On March 13, 1968 Sam and I started going STEADY.  We were Freshman's in High School and we have been together ever since.  Not one single break up, at all!  I guess you might could say we are crazy in Love with each other....What a great day that was even if   I WAS THE ONE TO ASK HIM TO GO WITH ME!  I was very shy, but somehow found just the right nerve to ask him.

Our kids are like, how can you remember that?  I remember most everything about our relationship.  I still have ALL the letters Sam wrote me in high school.  I have every card that he has ever given me.  I'm not a pack rat, just sentimental about the things that are so very important to me.

Oh well, I am very glad I did and I am happy that he said YES.  No, I was not the one to ask him to marry me...HE ASK ME and I am EXTREMELY happy that I said YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...