Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cast a NO vote

Well......I read this morning on my facebook page that the small town just about 8 miles away is going to have a vote in regards to making the town WET..
This is the same town that I was raised in and also the same town in which our elementary, intermediate, Jr. High and High School is located.

I really try to stay away from controversy because it causes my blood pressure to go up, but I can not step aside and not voice my opinion on this one...  I do NOT drink, but yet I have a lot of good friends that do.  I myself choose not to the same as I choose not to do illegal drugs.  Most of the people that I know who do drink are very good people and if they choose to drink, then I am ok with it as long as they know their boundaries.
After all, I can not live anyone else's life but my own.

My vote would have to be NO on this particular matter....The statement has been made that we already know people in this town drink, so why shouldn 't they be able to get it close rather than to drive to another area to get it.....I also know that in big cities it is available even in grocery stores.   Kids will be kids and if they want to drink they will find it, but my thoughts are why allow that temptation to follow them.  Everything has gone well for as long as I can remember without the sales of alcohol in that small town that houses our school district,  SO what is the purpose.  If you want to purchase it, then surely YOU as an adult can find it in yourself to drive a little extra to have it...

If you have ever known anyone that has an addiction to alcohol, you might would think as I do.  You might would vote NO to this vote if you could see into the future and realize the harm that can be done. Lives that are lost due to alcohol and the families that are no longer together.   We can not protect our children, grandchildren or family members from everything there is in life, but we can prevent this one thing that is not necessary from being so easlily accessible to them....

It is too bad that I can not vote NO for this since I live in a different town, but if I am asked, I will give my opionion and will try to make it loud and clear....Please cast a NO vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...