Monday, February 8, 2010

The Carousel

The carousel, Merry -Go- Round.  I love to sit and watch as those who are approaching the ride eagerly purchase their token.  They are waiting with great anticipation for the thrill of what they are about to experience.

This past Saturday I watched as children climbed on and carefully chose the horse that first caught their attention.  Their faces had a radiant glow.   Then I captured the faces of their parents.  Some were riding with their child and some standing on the side watching to see the joy on their child's face.  I looked again on the faces of the parents and perhaps some grandparents riding.  They had a look on their face as if they were a child again and loving every spin the carousel made.

Then my eyes caught the attention of those children passing by that were longing for the opportunity to see what it was all about.
I could see a sadness in their little faces.  It brought tears to my eyes and a heaviness to my heart.

We are so Blessed to be able to enjoy these little things in life.  The things that bring enormous amounts of pleasure to us as well as those we love.    I hope that I will always take the time to see a Blessing in even the smallest of things that God places in our paths each day....

Enjoy the Blessings of this Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Running Behind

  Running Behind..........  WHY.    ↓↓↓↓ You know......some weeks are just a bit more full than other weeks, and this has been one busy week...