Thursday, January 28, 2010

Who's got the Kettle, There's a possum in the yard

Oh, the thrill of country life.  As far back as I can remember, I have always heard of Possum Stew.  Today I gave some serious consideration over the thought of should I get out the kettle in case there is a possum in the yard.  Now the true spelling of possum is (opossum), but that is just isn't the way we pronounce it here in our part of the country. 
I find it amusing how the same grocery bags that I purchased a year ago seem to swallow up my groceries today.  If I spent X amount of dollars last year, my bags would be full.  This very morning, for the same amount of dollars, I carried out the same number of bags with only a fourth of the groceries in each bag. 
The question I ask myself is would the family really know if there was a possum in my kettle or could I make them believe it was beef stew???  With the inflation of groceries, I think possum stew is something I will ponder about...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Running Behind

  Running Behind..........  WHY.    ↓↓↓↓ You know......some weeks are just a bit more full than other weeks, and this has been one busy week...