Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Joys of Journaling

My journals are reflections of my thoughts that have stood out in my mind.  There is no rule for writing down your most cherished moments or your deepest concerns.  I get so excited when I pull out a journal from years back and began to read.  These pages are so dear because I can see a glimpse of the past and yet my heart is filled when I see prayers that have been answered.  Sometimes there are particular words that just make me laugh. 
Just tonight, I read a page from one of my 2004 journals. I am so thankful that I took the time to write.  Sam and I had gone on a business trip and took some time to go visit my parents who were living in Brady.  This was written about four months before my mother passed away.  MY JOURNAL READS:  
Thank you God for a safe return.  Thank you for the opportunity that we have had to see my parents.  We had a wonderful time even though I was scared out of my wits.  My thoughts raced about all the things that I am terrified of like snakes, scorpions, and all the other horrifying things out there in that forsaken country. Not my cup of tea! Did I sleep?  NO!  I even needed night vision glasses.  I certainly do appreciate our peaceful part of the country.  This special time with my parents has made me realize even more of how Blessed I am.  Thank you God for allowing me to share quality time with my mother (my very dearest friend).  Her qualities go way beyond what I could ever dream of.  She is the BEST!  How sweet are her ways and her smile is beautiful...
Again God, Thank you for this special time. 
Thank you also for a great husband that loves me and takes care of me.  I pray your Blessings upon our family.  Protect my mother, dad and Tammy..  Protect the family that we love so much.
You are great Lord and I love you..


I would not take anything for this journal.  I would encourage everyone to take just a few minutes a day to write down the precious moments of life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...