Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Everyone Loves a Princess:

Everyone loves a princess.  We see this statement all around us.  Many little darlings have this as a phrase stenciled on a wall in their room.  The most popular place we see it is on t-shirts and clothing that is purchased for little girls.  Yes, we all think that we have a princess in our midst.   I know that I certainly believe I do.  Actually, I believe I have two of them.  I was reminded of this today when our little soon to be two year old "Mylee" came to Sugar's house this morning.  She had a cute little pink and green pant and top set for me to dress her in.  Would you believe that the top said "Everyone Loves A Princess".  This grandmother was thinking how sweet that was and how true! 
Now that Mylee is just a few days away from being two, she has discovered the excitement of exploring new things to do.  It is almost like she can not wait to get to Sugar and Pops house because we will let her explore more than her parents do.  In her exploring, she has written on a wall or two, and poured the shampoo out into the tub, but not anything that I didn't think was just super funny....Today though, this could have been a different story.  Mylee loves jelly and we just happened to have breakfast this morning with biscuits and jelly. 
Long after we had finished breakfast, and I was busy doing my usual things in the morning, I heard a quietness that I usually do not here.  After calling her name a couple of times, I made my way to the kitchen.  There, to my surprise was Mylee with the refrigerator opened.  Yes, she had found her bottle of jelly.  Grape jelly was everywhere.  Her little eyes were almost all I could see.  She knew she was in some big trouble so she looked up at me and stuck our her little hand that had the bottle of jelly and said "elly".
This grandmother felt the biggest joy you could ever feel.  We got her little baby spoon out and sat down in the floor to enjoy a couple of spoonfuls of (elly) and laughter together. 
Experiences like this is what makes me so proud to be able to be a stay at home grandmother.  Mylee certainly is a little princess and I am very thankful for the Blessing she is. 
Do you know what?  I believe that "Everyone does love a princess"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...